Every networking device is prone to technical issues. So is true with the Netgear Orbi system. After you are exhausted with all the possible solutions for the issue, you may be left with no other choice than to reset your Orbi. However many users do not how to reset Orbi router and they get stuck. Keeping into consideration such users, we have penned down this post to troubleshoot issues with the Netgear Orbi that can’t be reset.
How to Factory Reset Orbi?
Before you try any troubleshooting step, we suggest you go through the exact reset steps to verify if you are using the correct procedure to reset your Orbi device.
- Disconnect the devices connected to the Orbi network.
- Also, remove the connection to the modem.
- Now, make sure that the Orbi router is properly booted up.
- Find the button labeled Reset or Factory Reset on it.
- You can find it inside a hole.
- Grab a sharp and pointed object like a paper clip.
- Using it, push and hold the Reset button for some 15 seconds.
- Release the button and the Orbi will be reset.
Have you been using the same steps? No? try it now. If you fail to complete the process even now, then try the fixes highlighted ahead.
How to Fix Orbi Reset Trouble?
1. Are you Pressing the Correct Button?
Check that you are using the right button on your Orbi router or satellite to reset it. Maybe you are pressing the wrong button and hence can’t reset Orbi. Carefully locate the Reset button now. It is usually found inside the hole. The hole is named as Reset or Factory Reset. Try resetting Orbi using it
2. Are You Holding the Button Longer Enough?
If you can’t do Orbi factory reset then there are chances that you did not hold the button after pressing it. Simply pressing the button won’t help you to reset Orbi. You need to hold it for some time.
Even if you are holding the button, not holding it on for sufficient time can be the reason for the reset failure.
So, you should use a pointed object that can go inside the hole properly and hold the button for longer than before. This should work and help you reset the device.
Is the Orbi Receiving a Consistent Power Supply?
Make sure that the Netgear Orbi device that you are trying to reset is fully booted up and is receiving consistent electricity power. Check the power socket and the power cable properly. Make sure the power adapter is not loose.
Once you are done making all the necessary amendments, you should try to reset your Orbi device. But before you do this, reboot it once.
Reboot Netgear Orbi
- Toggling the Orbi Power button, disconnect the power supply.
- Unplug the power cable from its wall outlet.
- Remove all the cables that are connected to it.
- Wait for some time now.
- Make the connections the same way they were previously.
- Plug the power cable into a well-working power socket.
- Turn the Orbi on from its Power button.
The Orbi is now rebooted. You should try to perform the reset process now. We are sure you will definitely succeed this time.
In the End
After you have reset your Netgear Orbi device, you should set it up again. As the factory settings are restored on it, setup is mandatory. You can use any method for the setup as per your convenience.
For your information, you have two options to perform the Orbi setup. One is using the web interface on your PC or using the Netgear Orbi app on your mobile phone to set up your Orbi WiFi mesh system.