Multiple sclerosis is one of the challenging health conditions for the individuals who are dealing with it. India has gained the expertise in giving the right medical treatment and care to the most complex and fatal diseases, whether it is multiple sclerosis or any other. These types of complicated medical conditions make people struggle physically, mentally, and financially as well.
But India makes the treatment cost affordable for all the patients around the world. Multiple sclerosis treatment cost in India is not only reasonable but also very low in comparison to the other developed countries. India has a well-developed and quality infrastructure to offer to its patients. The medical professional rigorously works towards achieving better health outcomes for its patients.
What Exactly is Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a complicated neurological disorder. It affects the central nervous system of the human body, which includes the brain and the spinal cord. In this health condition, the immune system attacks the protective myelin sheath by mistake. These attacks lead the patients to experience inflammation, disruption in nerve signalling, and many others. Patients can also suffer from fatigue, vision problems, coordination difficulty, numbness, and others.
What are the Main Causes of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a complex neurological problem, and the main cause factors are still unknown. There are some combinations of genetic factors involved around it that can result in this serious neurological condition. There are some immune system factors that can increase the risk of the condition. Other than this, various environmental factors like exposure to viruses can also put the patients at a higher risk.India is growing day by day in the medical field. From discoveries in medical treatment to incorporating that treatment during patients’ surgical procedures is the key to the successful Indian medical infrastructure.
What are the Primary Types of Multiple Sclerosis?
Here are some primary types of multiple sclerosis, including –
- Relapsing-Remitting –This is one of the most common types of this condition, which can affect the different parts of the patient’s body.
- Secondary Progressive –In this type of condition, the patient experiences a steady worsening of symptoms. It can be with or without the relapses.
- Primary Progressive –It involves a gradual decline in the function from the outset. There are no relapses found in this type.
- Progressive Relapsing –This is one of the rare types of condition that involves a steady progression of symptoms with occasional acute relapses.
What are the Treatment Approaches for Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a complex neurological condition that needs a diverse treatment approach to treat patients. The treatment option depends on the patient’s condition, the stage of the disease, and its seriousness. Here are the treatment approaches followed by the medical professional to treat multiple sclerosis –
- Disease Modifying Therapies –There are multiple medications, oral drugs, and infusions used to decrease the relapses and delay disability progression.
- Symptom Management –In this approach, the medical professional addresses symptoms like pain, muscle spasms, and fatigue with the help of medications and therapies.
- Lifestyle Modifications –Patients are advised to follow a healthy lifestyle that involves regular exercise, a healthy diet, and others.
What is Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Cost in India?
The treatment cost of multiple sclerosis is not too expensive in India if you compare it with other countries. This is a complicated neurological condition that involves various risks and challenges, which makes the cost high. The general cost of the treatment starts at INR 10 lacs and can go somewhere around INR 13 lacs. There are some secondary factors involved in the treatment that affect the cost. These factors include hospitalization charges, surgeon’s fees, medications, tests, and post-operative care.
Where Does the Patient Get the Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis in India?
India has a large pool of the best hospitals, which are known for their cutting-edge technology and advanced medical infrastructure. Patients can visit these best hospitals in India to get affordable and advanced treatment for their medical conditions –
- MIOT International
- MIOT International is a reputed and well-known hospital in India, which was established in the year 1999.
- It has accreditation from NABH and NABL, which develops patients’ trust in the medical system and standards followed by the hospitals during the treatment of the patients.
- It has diverse health services and treatment opportunities to deliver to its patients, including cardiac care, neurosurgeries, cardiovascular care, and many others.
- AMRI Hospitals
- AMRI Hospitals is a leading hospital in Salt Lake, Kolkata, India. It is known for its quality healthcare and high treatment success rate.
- The experienced and skilled team of medical professionals provides the expected medical result to its patients and helps them to get a smooth and comfortable recovery post-surgery.
- The hospitals follow international medical standards and have accreditation from NABL. It offers more than 200-bed facilities for its patients.
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute is one of the leading flagship hospitals of the CK Birla Group hospitals, established in the year 1969 in Kolkata, India.
- It has treated more than 2,50,000 successful surgeries till now. Also, provides affordable treatment and medical care to more than 1,4,000 patients every year.
- The hospitals have accreditations from ISO, NABH, CAP, and NABL, which enhance the patient’s belief in the hospitals’ medical treatment and standards.
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a topmost hospital that assures patients quality healthcare, established in the year 1951.
- It has various accreditations, including NABH, ISO, OHSAS, NABL, and others. It makes sure that patients get treatment under international medical standards.
- It has treated thousands of patients and delivered thousands of successful surgery outcomes to patients all around the world.
India is growing day by day in the medical field. From discoveries in medical treatment to incorporating that treatment during patients’ surgical procedures is the key to the successful Indian medical infrastructure. It has experienced professional who devotes their time and experience to making the patient’s life worthy and healthy. Also, the Multiple sclerosis treatment cost in India is the biggest reason that encourages patients all over the world to visit India to get rid of their health conditions.