Netgear Orbi router not working issue has caused pain in the heads of many users owning Netgear Orbi wireless routers. In case, you too are finding it hard to take advantage of your networking device even after setting it up using the Netgear Orbi login credentials, then you ought to give the solutions explained in detail in this article.
What Caused Netgear Orbi Not Working Issue?
- Prior to learning about the solutions to resolve the Netgear Orbi router not working issue, you should become aware of the reasons that led to them. The very first reason why you were compelled to read this post was that your wireless router is not getting an adequate power supply from its electrical socket.
- This is too much distance between the Netgear Orbi router and your modem due to which the signals which they are trying to emit are finding it next to impossible to come out. Check once whether you have placed the router in one corner of your house and the modem in another.
- Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, cordless phones, washing machines, fish tanks, and refrigerators are kept near the laptop that you are using to configure your networking device. They are not letting the internet signals reach your client device.
- The last reason why you are experiencing the Netgear Orbi router not working issue is because your networking devices are sadly joined with not the aid of an Ethernet cable, but a wireless source of connection. Bearing this in mind, read the troubleshooting tips discussed further to configure your device with ease.
How to Resolve Netgear Orbi Not Working Issue?
1. Choose Any Other Wall Socket
The troubleshooting process can be commenced if you give another wall socket or outlet the responsibility to supply power to your Netgear Orbi wireless router because clearly, the existing one is not doing its job properly. Make sure that the new socket is located in the same room where the existing modem is kept.
2. Update the Router Firmware
Another reason why you are experiencing the Netgear Orbi router not working issue as said above is because your router’s firmware is not updated. So, update it by accessing its orbilogin page. In some devices, this menu may differ. Thus, as per the device you are using, search the instructions to update it to its latest version.
3. Pull the WiFi Devices Closer
Are you still not able to fix the Netgear Orbi router not working issue? Well, it is because the time has come for you to reduce the distance between your networking devices. The same can be done if you power off your router, unplug it from its wall socket, and plug it into the socket near the existing modem.
4. Keep Metal Objects at Bay
Aluminum studs are examples of metal objects that are not good for the health of your Netgear Orbi wireless router as they can mess with their signals. Taking this into account, you need to either get rid of metal objects or relocate your router. Along with this, do not keep the router near baby monitors and other similar transmitting appliances.
5. Reset the Netgear Orbi Router
Now that you are here reading this section, we are left to assume only one thing, i.e. you are still stuck with the router not working issue. To get rid of them, you ought to reset the device and set it up again. For this, you can skip using the manual method and instead use the WPS method. By the way, the Orbi purple light issue can also be fixed with this tip.
This ends the guide written on how to resolve the Netgear Orbi router not working issue. We are expecting that you will be able to resolve them with ease once you are done reading the information mentioned above. Are you interested in knowing about similar solutions for more technical issues? Well, in that case, you should visit this website often.