A neonatologist is a medical doctor who specializes in the care of newborn babies. They are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions that can affect newborns, including premature birth, birth defects, respiratory problems, and infections. Neonatologists also provide preventive care to newborns, such as immunizations and screenings.
What does a Neonatologist do?
Neonatologists work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, neonatal intensive care units (NICUs), and private practices. They may be involved in all aspects of a newborn’s care, from delivery to discharge from the hospital.
In the delivery room, neonatologists may:
- Help with the delivery of complicated pregnancies
- Resuscitate newborns who are not breathing or have other medical problems
- Provide initial care to newborns with birth defects or other serious medical conditions
In the NICU, neonatologists may:
- Manage the care of newborns who are premature, have birth defects, or have other medical problems
- Provide specialized care to newborns who are on ventilators or other life-support equipment
- Work with other healthcare professionals, such as nurses, respiratory therapists, and dietitians, to develop and implement a treatment plan for each newborn
In their private practices, neonatologists may:
- Provide preventive care to newborns, such as immunizations and screenings
- Monitor the growth and development of newborns
- Diagnose and treat common newborn medical problems
- Provide counseling and support to parents of newborns with special needs
When should you see a Neonatologist?
You may need to see a neonatologist if your baby:
- Was born premature or at a low birth weight
- Has a birth defect
- Has trouble breathing or eating
- Has an infection
- Has jaundice
- Is not growing or developing normally
Neonatologists in Faridabad
Faridabad is a city in the Indian state of Haryana. It is home to a number of hospitals and clinics that offer neonatal care. Some of the neonatologists in Faridabad include:
- Dr Nidhi Gupta is working as a Senior Consultant in Department of Neonatology at Amrita Hospital, Faridabad.
If you are looking for a neonatologist in Faridabad, you can ask your pediatrician for a referral or search online for a list of neonatologists in your area.
Neonatologists are highly trained medical doctors who specialize in the care of newborn babies. They play a vital role in the health and well-being of newborns, especially those who are premature, have birth defects, or have other medical problems. If you have any concerns about your newborn’s health, please do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with a neonatologist.