Is your Netgear WiFi router is not working as per expectations? Yes? Well, in that case, we suggest you factory reset Netgear router. Worried about how to reset Netgear router? Worry no more because we have got you covered. In this post, we have covered two easy methods following which resetting Netgear router will be a walk in the park for you. And, after that, means after completing the reset process, we will provide you one easy method to set up the router easily from scratch via Nighthawk admin login info. Thus, without much delay, keep scrolling down and apply the fixes in the way they are given to setup and reset Netgear router. Here we go!
Factory Reset Netgear Router
There are 2 methods following which the router reset process will be a piece of cake for you:
- First, method is using the factory reset button
- Second, method is using the router’s web GUI
Now, we are going to discuss both methods to factory reset Netgear router one by one.
Factory Reset Netgear Router via Button
- First things first, make sure that your WiFi range router is powered on. Also, while resetting the router, your range router must be disconnected from your modem.
- Now, take a pin-like object like paper clip, oil pin, or a ball pen. Use the object for inserting it into the router’s factory reset hole.
- Hold it up for 5-10 seconds and release it.
Your Netgear router resets successfully! If you don’t want to use this method, apply the next method to perform the factory reset process.
Factory Reset Netgear Router via GUI
- Turn the router on by plugging it into a working power source.
- Use a computer or laptop for logging in to the router. To prevent login-related issues, kindly connect your client device to the router WiFi or use a wired connection.
- In wired connection, you must have access to a working Ethernet cable. And, after having access to the same, connect its one end into the Ethernet port of your router and other end into the port of your client device.
- Open a web browser (up-to-date) of your choice and enter www.routerlogin.net (with or without www) or 192.168.1.1 and press Enter
- On the Netgear router login page, provide your Email and password into their respective fields and click Log In.
You are Done!
Netgear Genie page thus displays. Click on the options listed below (as the way they are provided) to end the factory reset Netgear router process:
- Other Settings
Wait for 1-2 minutes for the Netgear router’s web user interface (GUI) to finish the factory reset process.
We hope that after applying the two easy methods listed above, you will not search for “how to reset Netgear router” query again. If you still need assistance, kindly look at the user manual once.
Now that your WiFi range router is reset successfully, you have to configure it from scratch to get high-speed internet to access everywhere in your home.
Netgear Router Setup via WPS
Are you getting worried about how to set up the WiFi range router again? Don’t be! Trust us, the router setup process is not a rocket science. Only a few steps to be followed by you in the exact given order and your router will be configured.
Scroll down a little and know how to set up the router after resetting it. Here we go!
- First, you need to power up the router and ensure that it is getting a steady power from the wall outlet into which you have plugged it. But, hold on! The router’s power outlet shouldn’t be away from your router’s. They (your router and router) should be kept closer.
- Ensuring a steady power supply to your router and a safe distance between it and your host router, locate and press the WPS button on it (the router).
- Within one minute, press the WPS button on your internet modem and your Netgear router will be set up already.
If you don’t want to use the WPS method for router configuration, use the Nighthawk app instead. How? Just download the app, launch it, and apply the given instructions.
The Bottom Line
Our post on how to factory reset Netgear router ends here. Anticipating that the two methods we have jotted down in this post helped out to reset Netgear router while relaxing on your couch. And, the instructions we have provided here to set up the router after resetting it – were they helpful? If yes, and if your router is successfully configured, you might be enjoying the super-fast internet speed all over your house already, isn’t it?