The SUPERVISION team is working to explain the essentials of giant LED screen technology and offers you a thematic glossary in order to better understand the different terminologies and to shape your projects according to your choices and expectations. These elements of response will allow you to better understand this technology and thus optimize your quality-price ratio and guarantee the long-term success of your project.
LED screens are made up of LEDs (diodes) forming pixels assembled on matrices or panels. These are then mounted on boxes which form the giant screen. These screens maintain perfect video rendering without visible joints whatever the viewing distance. Robust and completely waterproof outdoors withstand the most extreme conditions: altitude, temperature difference, etc.
The giant SMD LED screen
High contrast (especially in Full Black version), incomparable chromatic fidelity, unrivaled resolutions… Its properties make it a must-have to this day and are found in almost all of our screens.
· pixel smallest constituent element of an image.· It composed SMD Screen LEDs or different colors.· Distance in mm which separates two pixels on a matrix.· This measurement will determine the resolution, the image fineness of the screen.· Thus, the pitch is an essential criterion in your choice of giant screen.· The lower the pitch, the better the resolution and the more comfortable reading at short distances will be.As a result, giant outdoor LED screens generally have a higher pitch than indoor screens because they are viewed from further away.
REAL PIXEL (or fixed) / VIRTUAL PIXEL (or dynamic)
In an RGB LED screen configuration, there are 2 types of component layout, thus creating a real pitch or a virtual pitch.The pitch is said to be “real” when each LED operates for a single pixel.It is said to be “virtual” when each LED participates in the restitution of 2 pixels. The virtual pixel shares a green LED and a red LED with its neighbor on the left, in the same way it shares the blue LED and the other red with its neighbor on the right.In conclusion, a screen with a “real” pitch of 10 mm will certainly provide a quality image.In comparison, a 10 mm “virtual” screen will certainly present financial advantages but in practice will give a lower quality image.
SUPERVISION SV10 Roland Garrosof LED equivalent pixels (or dots),words density of pixels per m2 display area.greater readability distance * will be reduced alteration. combination “minimum ** / maximumResolution” parameters will size suitable configuration. * Readability distance: distance audience giant. Minimumdistance: distance closest viewer giant. Maximum distance: distance furthest viewer giant.
What can giant screen?
Since this is a truly giant television, you can broadcast any video image, in any format.Our screens are increasingly required to broadcast Social Wall type content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).The image sources range from live TV, on-site image capture, advertising spots to all types of video content from a DVD, Blu-ray, PC, hard drive,
What power supply?
· Giant full day screens consume on average 1 KVA (Kilo Voltampère) / m2.
· In order to cope with possible electrical demands and to avoid any risk of voltage drops, we reserve a margin on the initial power required.
· We provide the necessary power in the technical documentation for each screen.
· Electrical power can be provided by:
· Direct connection to the mains